Why protect my device?
Let's face it: accidents happen. If your device experiences a mechanical breakdown after the manufacturer's warranty ends or accidental damage like drops, spills or cracks, we'll get you back up and running quickly without having to pay significant repair or replacement costs. Program coverages and details vary - refer to your coverage documents for details.
Where can I purchase protection for my device?
Preferred Care can be added when purchasing eligible devices on Google Store.
What information can I access on mydeviceprotect.com?
- File a new claim - Submit a claim online, 24/7.
- Track a claim - Secure, real-time updates at every step of the claims process.
- My Claim Details - Review general claim information.
- My Claim Documents - Download forms that may be required to complete your claim.
- My Replacement Device - Get shipping information (including tracking information) for your replacement.
- You Have Questions? We Have Answers! - View a list of our most frequently asked questions.
- Program Info - Get information about your coverage.
- Contact Us - Reach out to us with any questions you may have or upload your documents electronically.
Is there a deductible?
A deductible will apply for each approved claim. View the My Deductible page to find the deductible applicable to your device.
Under what circumstances will my device be repaired or replaced?
If you have Preferred Care on your device, you're covered for mechanical breakdown after the manufacturer's warranty expires as well as accidental damage. To file a claim, visit the homepage on this site. If your claim is approved, you will receive a replacement, or, if you have a cracked phone screen, you can choose to visit one of our participating walk-in repair centers.
Device protection customers can file a claim by visiting the homepage on this site. If your claim is approved, you will receive a replacement.
Coverage limits and exclusions apply. Please refer to your coverage documents for complete details.
How many claims am I allowed?
There is no limit on the number of mechanical breakdown claims you can file and a limit of two approved accidental damage claims within the 30-month term for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL and within the 24-month term for all other devices.
A maximum replacement value of $2,000 applies per covered loss.
Please refer to your coverage documents for complete details.
How long do I have to file a claim?
Please file a claim as soon as practicable, but no later than 90 days from the date of incident (1 year in Wisconsin).
If I need to cancel my protection, who do I contact?
You can cancel your optional coverage at any time by contacting Google Support at 1-855-836-3987. If you cancel within the first 30 days the contract is void and you will receive a full refund. In the event you cancel after 30 days, we will refund the unearned prorated amount, less any claims paid.
Cancellation/refund provision varies in some states.
If your service contract contains an Enhanced Hardware and Software Subscriber Assistance provision:
Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL customers can schedule a call with an expert here.
Google Pixelbook customers can schedule a call with an expert here.
What is the fastest way to file a claim?
Completing your claim online at mydeviceprotect.com is quick and easy. Visit the homepage on this site and enter your IMEI or serial number in the File or track a claim box.
What do I need to start a claim?
Only someone authorized on the account can file a claim. To expedite your experience, we recommend you have the following items handy before beginning:
- Your IMEI or serial number of the device you are claiming
- Make and Model of the device
- Email address (to provide you with status updates about your claim)
What is the importance of providing a valid email address?
Having an email address allows us to provide you with important status updates regarding your claim. You will get messages when your claim is approved, when your device is shipped, and when a tracking number is available to confirm delivery.
How can I determine my device's manufacturer and model?
Check your device's original packaging and/or your original receipt. Google may also have the make and model on file, so you may contact them directly at 1-855-836-3987.
What if I can't find the IMEI or serial number for my device?
Your device’s IMEI or serial number can be found in the following locations:
- On your order details page
- On the bottom of your device
How do I determine whether any additional information or documentation is required for my claim to be processed?
Sometimes, additional information or documentation is required before a claim can be approved. To help prevent delays, view your claim status to see if any additional information is required by following these three easy steps:
- Enter your IMEI or serial number in the File or track a claim box on the homepage and click Submit.
- Once your information has been verified, click Track My Claim. Enter your ZIP code and then key in the numbers/letters, including any spaces into the box. Then click Continue.
- Click on the My Claim Documents tab to verify whether your claim documents have been received or if additional information is needed.
Where can I fax my claim documents?
For your convenience, claim documents can be faxed to 1-866-450-4080. Please allow 24 hours for processing.
How can I check the status of my claim?
Check the status of your claim anytime by visiting mydeviceprotect.com and following these three easy steps:
- Enter your IMEI or serial number in the File or track a claim box on the homepage and click Submit. Once your information has been verified, click Track My Claim.
- Enter your ZIP code and then key in the numbers/letters, including any spaces into the box. Then click Continue.
- Tabs will appear to provide you with additional information as you move through the claims process. Click on each tab for details.
Replacement Device Information
How long does it take to get a replacement device?
Once a claim is approved, your replacement may be shipped as early as the next business day.
If you provided your email address when filing your claim, an email with tracking information will be sent advising you that the device has been shipped.
Please note that the replacement can only be shipped within the US or Canada depending on country of purchase.
Will the replacement device be exactly the same make and model as my original?
Subject to the terms and conditions in your coverage documents, your coverage provides for a replacement device which may be, at our option, refurbished equipment or different equipment of like kind and quality and any covered accessories as defined in your coverage documents. Device color may vary, depending on availability. The replacement product will not exceed the maximum replacement value (excluding taxes and delivery) of the original product. Your approved claim is subject to a non-refundable deductible based on your equipment type as defined in your coverage documents.
How do I activate my replacement phone or Pixelbook?
- Charge your phone for 12 hours prior to use.
- Take appropriate action for your SIM Card
Locate the IMEI number on your replacement phone.
- If your phone is malfunctioning/damaged, remove the SIM Card from the malfunctioning/damaged phone and insert it into your replacement phone.
Contact your carrier to activate your replacement phone.
- This number can be found on the outer label of the phone replacement box. Have this number handy before proceeding to step 4.
For Google Pixelbook:
Set up your replacement Pixelbook
- Connect your Pixelbook to power.
- Open your Pixelbook to turn it on.
- Connect your Pixelbook to a compatible Wi-Fi network.
- Sign in to the same Google Account you used with your previous Pixelbook.
- Opt-in to Google Play in order to download Android apps and digital content to your Pixelbook.
- Follow the steps on screen to activate the Google Assistant.
- By default, your replacement Pixelbook should sync the Google Play apps you installed on your previous Pixelbook. If you turned off syncing your previous Pixelbook, you'll need to follow the instructions below to view and install those apps on your new device.
View and install Google Play apps you previously downloaded (if not syncing)
- Open the Google Play Store on your Pixelbook.
- Click (menu symbol) in the upper left corner.
- Click My Apps & games.
- Select Library.
- Choose the apps you want to download by clicking Install.
I received my replacement but it's not working properly. What do I do?
To ensure satisfaction, your replacement has been fully tested for quality prior to shipment. If however, you experience any issues within the first 90 days of receipt, please call 1-877-406-4372 immediately from a working phone for assistance. If our Claims Specialist authorizes the return of your replacement, you will be provided with detailed instructions on how to return the malfunctioning device.
If you experience any issues after 90 days, please contact Google Support at 1-855-836-3987 from a working phone for assistance.
Walk-In Repair Service for Cracked Phone Screens (available with Preferred Care only)
How can I choose the walk-in repair option?
If you have Preferred Care on your phone and have a cracked screen, once your claim is approved, you can repair your phone by visiting one of our participating walk-in centers. The option will be presented to you during the claims process along with a list of walk-in centers near you. A deductible will apply for each approved claim.
If you have a Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL with a cracked screen, you’ll save on your deductible when serviced at our participating walk-in centers.
Returning Your Malfunctioning/Damaged Device
Why do I need to return my malfunctioning/damaged device?
Once your claim has been approved, the malfunctioning/damaged device must be shipped to us using the instructions provided. If the malfunctioning/damaged device is not returned within 14 days from the date we ship the replacement product to you, you may be charged an unrecovered equipment fee up to $2,000.
The unrecovered equipment fee (if required) may be paid by credit card (Visa, MC, AMEX, DISC).
How do I return my malfunctioning/damaged device?
Everything you need to return a malfunctioning/damaged device can be found inside your replacement box. Once received, simply follow the instructions below:
Print the RMA packing slip included in your shipping confirmation and put it in the shipping box with your damaged device. (You can reuse the box your replacement came in.)
Print the prepaid shipping label included in your shipping confirmation and put it on the outside of the box. Check the shipping label to see how to ship your package.
- If you have a phone or Pixelbook to protect your privacy:
Once mailed, use the Track a claim function to verify when your claimed device is received.
I can't find the mailing label I need to return my malfunctioning/damaged device. What should I do?
In the event you have misplaced the shipping label, please contact Google Support at 1-855-836-3987.